Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Paris

Wow! It's been a long time since I've written and so much has happened. My computer broke a.k.a I dropped it and had to buy a new one. So, since I've been limited in my computer use, I haven't had time to fill everyone in. I'll just write about my trip to Paris though because it was by far the most exciting!





I skipped school on Friday to head out early. Don't worry this is totally fine :). We got to see sooooo many historical sites. It was amazing and exhausting. Luckily, everyone speaks English so we had no problem communicating even though I speak maybe 10 words of the entire French language. My favorite food was the crepes that we could buy pretty cheap  on the street. They also sold good panini's there :). All the architecture is amazing and old and beautiful. The most amazing building, however, was Notre Dame. It was absolutely breathtaking both inside and out. I took pictures because it is impossible to even attempt to describe how magnificent it is. The Eiffel Tower of course was a necessary stop on the itinerary. It's one of those places that you can't believe you're actually seeing in real life. It's always just been on tv or the internet or something, but to be able to stand beneath it and view all of it was an incredible experience. Another marker in France that I thought I'd only ever see on tv or movies or internet was the Mona Lisa.  It's so familiar and so simple, but so elegant and surreal.  You've probably already noticed an unusually large amount of descriptor words so I suppose I should just stop trying, but every landmark we went to see was beyond words and I'm so excited to have had the opportunity to see them all in real life. On Saturday, we met up with my cousin, Alexzandra, and she took us to a famous little cafe where Hemmingway used to go. The coffee was great and she took us next to try some amazing macaroons which were really expensive, but they were worth the experience. Another memorable stop was to a little cafe where Alex's guide book said we could find the best hot chocolate ever. It turned out to be the most expensive hot chocolate ever, too. Ringing up at 7 euros, we enjoyed the thickest, chocolatiest cup of deliciousness I've ever brought to my lips. We only ordered 2 because it was a fortune, but the lady was really nice and brought us 3 anyways.  We were lucky enough to see several plazas and famous squares and building in the city. They were all spectacular and our feet were begging us to stop seeing more. I had to massage my feet at the end of each night because they wouldn't stop throbbing.  We went to the Arc de Triomphe and strolled down the Champs Elysees and one of our final events was seeing St. Champelle which is a small church with the most amazing stained glass windows in probably the entire world! I'm sure my pictures will speak for themselves and I'll have all of them posted on facebook really soon! I'll be sure to fill you in more frequently on what's going on here.

1 comment:

  1. Bonjour Indigo!
    Wow, the pics are incredible! Can't wait to see the rest of them. I stood right where you were under l'arc de triomphe 30 years ago... where does the time go! :) Glad you're home safe, au revoir for now,
    Je t'aime, mom

    ReplyDelete