Sunday, October 16, 2011

Dia de España and a Lazy Weekend

It was a good week at school in some respects because Wednesday was a national holiday so we got the day off. This day is a celebration of Columbus' discovery of the Americas. Michelle, Anja, and I went to Madrid. We got there at around 11 in the morning which was when the parade started. We only stayed for a little bit because there was a million people and it was a strange parade. The only things we saw were military personnel and tanks driving down the road. But, after this we went to Retiro Park which had a lot of really cool things to see. I was really exhausted from the previous two days of school so I ended up sleeping for an hour on a bench in the park in the sunshine. It's still incredibly hot during the afternoons in Madrid. It's starting to cool down a little in San Lorenzo, and I think by Wednesday it's supposed to finally start acting like fall.  We went shopping in the evening and had a good lazy day strolling around the city. One of the reasons I was so tired this week was because I had 5 different language exchange classes. I'm getting a lot better at listening comprehension which is wonderful. I think my speaking is getting better too, but that's a little harder to gauge.


This weekend, I didn't have any plans. I thought about going into a museum in Madrid today, but the one I wanted to go to is only open until 2:30 on Sundays. I really needed to sleep in so I didn't go. Anja came over yesterday when Marina and Stephan hosted a big BBQ for their friends, and after one thing led to another, she ended up staying until 6:00pm today.  It was great! We did nothing of importance; we ate a ton of food and played cards all day.  It was really good to do nothing this weekend because I'd just been so tired and slightly under the weather. It's time to get my head back into school mode, and hopefully I can get a good night sleep tonight to make my week a little less exhausting. I posted a new album to Facebook of the day in Madrid. Hasta luego. :D

1 comment:

  1. hola Indigo!
    Glad to hear you got some much-needed rest this weekend. Loved the picture of the tank but would rather see one of you! Don't want to make you homesick, but wait til you taste my paella! Thought of you today when I made a coconut cream pie! Miss you,
    love, mom

    ReplyDelete