Sunday, September 11, 2011

And So It Begins...

Hey Everyone, I'm really excited to set out on a new journey. I leave for Spain on Tuesday, and for once in my life, I can say with 100% certainty that I have no clue what to expect. Sure a lot of scenarios have run through my mind, but I don't know the answers to so many questions that I've stopped trying to piece it together. Instead, I'm waiting....waiting to discover...

I had an interview in Arizona on Friday. I'm really interested in going to A.T. Still University School of Osteopathic Medicine of Arizona.  That's a mouthful.  This school is awesome! I was afraid all the research I've done over the past few weeks on this school would turn out to be too good to be true, but seeing the school in person only made my desire to go there stronger.  The faculty was so kind and communicable which is quite a change from how I've experienced university staffs. The campus was new, modern and full of all the latest technology. The curriculum is new and finally centered around adult styles of learning.  All of these aspects of the college are great and things that drew me in, but above all the school is designed to put doctors in underserved communities throughout our nation. It's designed to give us experience working in poor communities where healthcare is limited, and it teaches us how to work with the people of the community to find the problem in that area and fix it.  This school seems to be truly made for someone like me.  I'm already attached and I don't even know if they will want me.  They gave me 30 minutes to show them my heart and exhibit whether or not I'm a good fit for the school.  I was slightly sad when I left the room because, for the first time, I realized, they might not want me....

All I can do at this point is wait. I have MSUCOM as an amazing backup option, but I still can't shake the feeling that ATSU-SOMA is the place for me.  We'll see what The Big Guy thinks because I'll go where He sends me. I know that's the place I will find purpose and joy. So, despite my temptation to spend the next 2-4 weeks worrying about it before I hear the news, I'm going to move forward and be content with whatever the outcome.  Either way, I'm going to become a doctor and live out my dream. For now, I look ahead to Sally.  The 6 year old girl waiting to become my best little friend in Spain. I can't wait to learn the language, experience the culture, and live in world so different from my own.

I'm excited for my journey, and I'm ready to keep everyone posted. Keep in touch. Pray for me and the huge decisions I have coming up. Thanks :)

3 comments:

  1. Love you, girl. Praying for you as you hit the road!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha....somewhere that wouldn't want you? what a joke :)
    I can't wait to hear of your travels, and how God will use you halfway across the world!
    ~Derek~

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love you and i'm proud of you. rejoice! your steps are ordered of God!.........mom

    ReplyDelete