Friday, September 23, 2011

Driving

Yesterday, I only to teach two classes. So during the afternoon, which was completely free, my friend Anja taught Emily (the other teacher) and I how to drive a stick-shift.  We started out in a little supermarket, and after a few tries, I thought I was ready to try the road.  I suppose I was cocky or maybe I thought the whole world would stop for me to learn to drive. Needless to say, it didn't.  I did very well overall because I didn't crash or stall out, but i was panicking the whole time.  There were a million roundabout; I didn't know where to go. It was so scary. Emily kind of had the same experience. We weren't bad at driving, but everyone drives crazy here and people were screaming out their windows at her. By the time we got out of the car we all had headaches and tense shoulders from all the stress. It was really fun, but I hope I can do it for real very soon.

In one of the classes that we had yesterday, a little third grade boy raised his hand during an activity. I came over and asked him what he needed and he replied, "Eres muy guapa." Meaning, you're very pretty.  It was so cute. On that note, Grandpa, I think I found my Don Juan. His name is Diego and he's 3. Anja takes care of him and he doesn't speak any English.  He's a little bratty, but his good looks win me over every time. :)

I'm really glad it's the weekend. I think we're going to pick blackberries in the countryside in a little bit.

1 comment:

  1. driving sounds better than I imagined in the crazy european traffic, the parking lot was a good idea. would love to meet don juan. hope you're getting used to the food! :) love, mom

    ReplyDelete